The growing complexity in the transport business environment demands effective transport planning in order to offer high quality services in terms of speed, sched- uling, reliability, quality and cost. The current situation is predominantly character- ized by abuse of transport resources, resulting in high operating costs. There is a need to reverse this trend and to add value to organizational operations. Hence the need to give the participants a sound understanding of the methods of managing transport in an effective and cost-effective manner. The course provides knowledge and practical skills in transport manage- ment functions in a public or private sector organizational setting. The course is also intended to upgrade the skills and compe- tencies of personnel charged with responsibilities for transport management.
- Demonstrate knowledge of transport operations planning and scheduling
- Demonstrate knowledge of fleet selection and control
- Demonstrate knowledge of fleet maintenance
- Demonstrate knowledge of safety and health
- Demonstrate knowledge of security and loss control
- Demonstrate of regulatory framework
- Demonstrate knowledge of business applications in transport operations