BSc (Hons) IT Networking and Software Engineering program is designed to develop specific skills and knowledge required by a computer or IT technician, both in a support or in a development role in diverse settings. The program aims to develop individuals who can integrate and critically understand the current and relevant issues in the IT industry, and effectively assume technical leadership roles in their areas of work to enhance optimal utilization of IT solutions.
After completing the BSc (Hons) IT Networking and Software Engineering, participants should be able to:
- Apply knowledge and understanding of information technology and management to complex issues, both systematically and creatively, to improve computer and information technology practice
- Advance the study of computer systems and their management within their ever changing external context in which they operate
- Understand the social, legal and ethical context within which a computing professional is expected to operate, and of the standards that will be expected of them when they graduate
- Enhance their lifelong learning skills and personal development that will promote a career in Information technology through self- directed study to effectively contribute to the country’s economy and society at large.
Diploma holders in IT. Basically IT officers/ Network Administrator/ software Designers/ Systems Developers.
The normal entry requirement into the program shall be:
- BGCSE or equivalent with Credit in Mathematics and Pass in English
- Diploma in IT or related discipline from a recognized and accredited institution and work related experience in IT or
- An assessed equivalent entry qualification, which may include Recognition of Prior Learning