Course Duration: 4 years
Mode of study: Full time, Part-time, Block Release
Information Technology generally refers to all aspects of computing and its integration into all aspects of today’s society and digital platform economy. Organizations of every kind are dependent on information technology and computing systems that must work properly and efficiently, be secure, and scale with organizational objectives and customer needs. This qualification will equip IT professionals to select computing products and services, integrate them to enhance supported environments, and develop, adapt, and manage computing technologies to meet the organization’s goals and business objectives. The IT innovations are the object of study of the information technology discipline.
The normal entry requirement into the program shall be:
- HIGCSE/IGCSE/O-LEVEL/SGCSE (3 credits), including credit or a pass in Mathematics and Science.
- Certificate in IT or related discipline from a recognized and accredited institution
- or work related experience in IT or
- An assessed equivalent entry qualification, which may include Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
After completing the BSc: IT course, participants should be able to:
- Apply knowledge and understanding of information technology and management to complex issues, both systematically and creatively, to improve computer and information technology practice
- Advance the study of computer systems and their management within their ever changing external context in which they operate
- Understand the social, legal and ethical context within which a computing professional is expected to operate, and of the standards that will be expected of them when they graduate
- Enhance their lifelong learning skills and personal development that will promote a career in Information technology through self- directed study to effectively contribute to the country’s economy and society at large