The qualification seeks to equip learners with skills and knowledge needed for managing a business in the current global context leading to sustainability of businesses. The degree is designed to ensure that it responds to contemporary issues and developments in the business environment around the world. It will thus provide the learners with the competencies to manage a business and how to improve a company’s performance in the competitive global context.
Bachelor of International Business also aims to address the internationalization and globalization dynamics arising from Botswana companies having expanded their operations beyond their traditional domestic markets and also from a substantial
number of multinational companies which have been entering the Botswana market through foreign direct investment. These companies require employees who are equipped with the knowledge and skills that will enable them to work locally and
globally in a networked society that encompasses contemporary business and management issues. The programme further facilitates possibilities of
self-employment by fostering entrepreneurial skills in learners.
THE PROGRAM WILL FURTHER:
• Provide learners with a qualification that enhances their problem-solving, critical thinking, independent learning and communication skills which enables one to have the willingness to go an extra mile, at the workplace.
• Equip learners with research skills to enable them conduct applied research to address various problems facing the country and the world at large. The skills in research opens doors for graduates to partner with reputable universities or organizations to conduct research.
• Provide learners with a qualification that will enable them to qualify for higher education and training in International Business or related field in support of the life-long learning principle. The academic research acts as a pathway to Masters and gives graduates an opportunity to publish their research papers based on their honors projects.
• Provide opportunity for the learners to expand their professional relationships and networks which they can use to their advantage.
Learners will enroll for such modules as Business Organizations, Project Management, International Computer Driving License, Principles of Supply Chain
Management, Professional Communication, E Business, Marketing in Management , Financial management , Management and Organizational Behavior, Business Research Methods, Strategic Operation and Quality management, Management
Accounting and Finance, Sustainable Management, International trade, International marketing and Intenship /Project amongst others.
The graduates are expected to work as Strategic Analyst, Project Manager, Business Advisor, Financial Analyst, Marketing Manager, Entrepreneurs, Global
sales executives. Graduates of this programme fit perfectly in any business sector, be it mining, manufacturing, tourism, health.
To be considered for this course participants must have at least one of the following qualifications:
• BGCSE ‘O’ levels or equivalent which must include a pass in English.