Team leaders, Managers and Supervisors are often promoted to their positions not on the strength of supervisory ability, but on their technical competency. In today’s complex organizations there is a need to bridge this gap by helping super- visors acquire appropriate managerial and supervisory skills to effectively perform leadership and people-management functions.
- Demonstrate an understanding of leadership and management practices as supervisors and team leaders.
- Appreciate the process of strategy development & execution;
- Demonstrate practical skills on how to develop and sustain winning teams.
- Demonstrate practical skills on how to manage organisational conflicts;
- Demonstrate practical skills on how to make decisions and solve problems in the organisation.
- Develop work plans that are aligned to organisation strategy.
- Demonstrate skills on how to handle grievance and discipline issues;
- Appreciate performance management and its role on organisation management and how it links with organisation strategy.
- Demonstrate positive interpersonal skills, improved communication and customer relations; and
- Appreciate the role of management in ensuring a safe and healthy work environment.