In today’s competitive business environment, good public relations are essential for any organization to secure a good public image and satisfied customers. The way employees approach members of the public, customers, suppliers, and even fellow staff members can have an enormous impact on the organisation’s success and reputation. This course emphasizes the important role that every employee of the organisation must play towards satisfying the public’s needs and expectations. It is designed to give participants an opportunity to appreciate the value of good public relations and to ensure that employees’ personal style helps them to gain confidence in building a good image for themselves and the organisation.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the needs and expectations of the Ministry’s public and specific customers.
- Demonstrate understanding of public relations goals and objectives vis-à-vis the Ministry’s mandate.
- Describe the principles, processes and methods governing public relations.
- Demonstrate understanding of both internal and external public relations.
- Explain the benefits of networking and its attendant communication dynamics.
- Demonstrate understanding and workings of the Ministry’s media relations.
- Apply essential communication skills for dealing with the Ministry’s public and customers.
- Explain the Ministry’s current public relations initiatives and their own role in supporting these initiatives; and
- Develop and implement simple but effective public relations programs.