The pressures of globalization and regional integration have compelled countries to work in groups rather than in isolation as they face the ever-increasing challeng- es of modern times. The need for stronger socio-economic co-operation and unity among nations is felt more today than ever before as a means of fostering regional development to alleviate economic ills; enforce regional safety and security; and combat international crimes and global health challenges.
The prevailing situation in calls for more enlightened, self-driven and confident individuals to function as executive / personal secretaries/assistants. This course, therefore, is intended to enhance the participants’ capacity to function under challenging circumstances and environments.
- Demonstrate knowledge of general management principles and concepts
- Apply general management principles and concepts in their day-to-day tasks.
- Review systems and practices in their organizations with a view to improving efficiency
- Use the scientific problem solving method
- Use organizational media effectively
- Demonstrate positive interpersonal skills
- Relate to customers positively.
- Use an electronic spreadsheet
- Use advanced features of Microsoft Word
- Use relevant graphic features of Microsoft Office