The anxiety created by both individuals and organisational demands on workers place a significant role in influencing the quality of employees’ work life. The rapid pace of life brought about by constant technological changes and development are a real source of stress. The impact of this on productivity and overall organisa- tional performance should not be underestimated. This dynamic and stressful environment within which organisations operate call for organisations to be physically, mentally, and spiritually supportive of their employees. The purpose of this course therefore, is to impart to partici- pants the knowledge and skills required of a workplace counsellor.
- Knowledge of counselling and counselling process
- Knowledge and ability to apply ethical principles of counselling
- Knowledge of identifying staff in need of counselling services
- Knowledge of change management
- Skills in counselling staff undergoing stress
- Skills in communicating sensitive organisational and personal news to staff
- Knowledge of developing a directory of service for referral of workers with various needs
- Knowledge of making referrals to relevant services to staff in need
- Knowledge of managing workplace counselling services
- Knowledge of teamwork in the work place.