- Carbo Center Riverwalk
- P O Box 601607
- Gaborone Botswana
- Tel: +267 390 6433
- Fax: +267 391 3423
- Email: email@example.com
The primary function of the library is to support the training, research and consultancy needs of the IDM faculty, together with the information needs of administrative staff and students.
Membership is free to all IDM staff and participants, excluding external consultants who are only able to borrow materials through their Course Directors. Other types of membership, for instance, visiting IDM partners, will be dealt with as and when need arises.
In order to borrow materials, users are required to bring forth their student card or National I.D.
Use of the Library Facilities
Only IDM staff and participants are entitled to the use of the library facilities and are required to abide by the rules and regulations of the Library. However, the Library reserves the right to refuse admission of members who consistently do not abide by the Library rules and regulations. Members of the public will be assisted at the discretion of the Library staff.
Responsibility for Library Materials/Faclities
Participants are responsible for the proper use, safety and security of all the Library materials/facilities. These include books, newspapers, journals, and library furniture. Anybody caught mishandling these may be denied access to the use of the Library.
Borrowing of Library Materials
Number of items to be borrowed and the loan period are categorised as follows:
|Category||No. of Books||Days/Weeks|
|Academic Staff||5 books||4 weeks|
|Administration staff||2 books||1 weeks|
|Administration staff doing private study||3 books||4 weeks|
|Participants||2 books||1 weeks|
However, under special circumstances and after due consultation with the borrower, the Library may recall a book(s) before it is due for return. Borrowed books may be renewed once only provided that they have not been reserved by another user.
Lost OR Damaged Books
Participants will be required to replace any lost or damaged books. The Library will assist by obtaining quotations to determine the cost of the book. In the event that the book is out of print, the Library will advise on the best replacement title. Failure to abide by this regulation will result in the user suspension of membership or non release of results in the case of participant’s results not being released.
Late Returns of Books
A penalty fee will be charged per day for books returned after the expiry date.
Anyone found attempting to remove Library material not issued to them will be subject to strict disciplinary action which may include the suspension of library membership, withholding of examination results, the imposing of a fine to be determined by the library or any other appropriate action including suspension or dismissal from IDM.
Do’s and Dont’s in the Library
- Smoking, eating, drinking and chewing of gum are not allowed within the Library.
- Cell phones should be answered outside the Library and put on silent or vibration within the Library.
- Bags, raincoats, umbrella should not be taken to the reading tables but should be left on the shelf by the entrance.
- Marking of books with pens or pencils is strictly forbidden.
- Group discussions are not allowed in the Library as this may disturb other Library users.
- Books shall not be exchanged amongst users without the knowledge of the Library staff.
- Desks and furniture must not be moved without the permission of the Librarian.
- No Library book shall be taken out of the Library without first being presented at the Circulation Desk.
- Books/Journals must be left on the tables where they were used. They should not be returned to the shelves.
- No notices shall be displayed within the Library or the Library notice board without consultation with the Library staff.
At the end of the programme of study all participants are expected to have their library accounts cleared of any outstanding items. If a customer omits to do so, it is unlikely that they will receive either their examination results or their certificates.
IDM – Eswatini Fast Facts
The aim of the RESOURCE CENTRE is to support the training, research and consultancy needs of the IDM faculty, together with the information needs of administrative staff and course participants.
Membership is free to all IDM staff and participants, excluding external consultants who are only able to borrow materials through their Course Directors. Other types of membership, for instance, visiting IDM partners, will Be dealt with as and when need arises. In order to borrow material, users are required to bring their Student Cards or National ID Card.
Services & Collection
- Circulation (Lending)
- References – Cannot be Checked Out of the Resource
- Various Print Journals and Newsletters
- Research Projects
- Past Exam Papers
- Intergrated Library System
Internet Connection (WI-FI)
E- Journals by EMERALD Publishing
Resource Centre Hours
MONDAY – FRIDAY
8:00:1:00- 2:00 - 4:45 pm
Closed on Weekends and Public Holidays