Institute of Development Management (IDM) was established in 1974 as a regional organisation in Botswana , Lesotho and Swaziland (BLS) countries to help meet the management needs of the Region through management development activities including training, consultancy, research, and the establishment of a Management Resource Centre. IDM has traditionally conducted consultancy projects in the BLS countries but, in recent years, these services have been used throughout the SADC Region. The expertise available from IDM is extensive, covering a wide range of subject areas in our five core departments.
- To improve the managerial knowledge and skills of persons charged with senior responsibilities for development in the public, parastatal and private sectors
- To provide management training and consultancy to middle and senior level personnel in the public, parastatal and private sectors
- To improve organisational structures, administrative and management procedures and development policies related to social and economic needs
- To improve the data base available for decision making with respect to development
- To extend public awareness of and encourage public involvement in all aspects of development
Management Development through Training, Consultancy and Research.
Be a leading provider of quality and innovative management and organizational development services in SADC region and beyond.