- Carbo Center Riverwalk
- P O Box 601607
- Gaborone Botswana
- Tel: +267 390 6433
- Fax: +267 391 3423
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Institute of Development Management (IDM) is an institution with a strong local and regional presence in Botswana, Lesotho and Eswatini (BLS). Since its establishment in 1974, IDM remains a relevant partner and a significant player in the education and training industry. The Institute has also made a notable contribution in the socio-economic transformation of the SADC region through its research and consultancy service offering.
IDM is a brainchild of the BLS forebears. Botswana’s founding President, Sir Seretse Khama, Lesotho’s King Moshoeshoe I and King Sobhuza II of Eswatini had a common vision to take the then three small nations from the colonial era into their sovereignty in 1966 (for Botswana and Lesotho, and 1968 for Eswatini).
The newly formed countries were short of skills-base to assist in service delivery as they established themselves at the time of independence. The idea of a regional institute thus came at the right time to allow BLS to combine their meagre resources and offer in-service short-term human resource up-skilling programmes, mainly in the civil service, but later expanding into the private sector which played and continues to play a pivotal role in job creation.
IDM offers a variety of franchised and indigenous programmes that have a local, regional and global reach. We provide unique and relevant products and services that respond to the needs of our customers. In addition to our pre-service programmes, we also offer Executive courses tailor-made for senior management, middle management and support staff to upgrade their competencies and enhance their commitment to lifelong learning. IDM further helps BLS governments meet their management needs and assist them make relevant policy decisions through research and consultancy services.
- Improve the managerial knowledge and skills of persons charged with senior responsibilities for development in the public, parastatals and private sectors;
- Provide management consultancy to organisations in the public, parastatals and private sectors;
- Review and optimise organisational structures, administrative and management procedures and development policies related to social and economic needs;
- Improve the information and analysis available for decision-making with respect to development; and
- Extend public awareness and encourage public involvement in all aspects of management.